Dr Pat O’Donnell
Director of Expert Services
Pat has extensive experience in Quantity Surveying and Project
Management with a strong tack record of successful project delivery
across multiple sectors including health, education, transport, residential,
hospitality, defence, and industrial.
Within Construction Consultants, Pat provides strategic advice to achieve
exceptional outcomes in the planning and delivery of projects. Pat excels
at seeing issues from the client’s perspective and leverages his experience
in capital cost planning, design managements, and life cycle planning to
identify solutions that offer the best value for our clients.
Pat also uses his experiences and expertise to help resolve disputes and
claims with the preparation of expert reports for legal matters. Ge serves
as an expert witness and Strata building bond inspector. His rich expertise
provides vital contributions to the CC family from doing peer review work,
guiding younger quantity surveyors and project managers, and regularly
consults on industry issues and with banks.
As a Quantity Surveyor and Fellow of the Australian Institute Quantity
Surveyors (FAIQS), Pat has also obtained the highest classification of
Certified Quantity Surveyor (CQS) and is part of a select group to be
appointed to the AIQS College of Expert Witness.
- 30+ years in construction, including a number of key leadership roles on the following large infrastructure projects:
- The new Royal Adelaide Hospital ($2b+).
- Clem 7 toll-road tunnel in Brisbane ($2b).
- South East QLD Schools PPP project ($200m).
- Defence Headquarters Operations Command PPP project ($250m).
Qualifications, Affiliations, and Memberships
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Construction Economics
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) Finance
- Bachelor of Applied Science (BAppSc) Quantity Surveying
- Associate Diploma (AssDip) Building Technology
- Fellow of the Australian Institute of Quantity Surveyors (FAIQS)
- Member of the Institute of Analytics Professionals Australia (IAPA)
- Panelist for AIQS Strata Defects Inspection Panels (NSW)
- Defect Rectification Costs Panel
- Building Inspection Panel
- Expert witness with AIQS